Friday, January 08, 2016

Seek Me First

It might just be me, but, does God ever give you a phrase to write about and then wait until you listen for more information?

Let me give you an example.

Today I spy FMF's new word prompt  'FIRST'.

 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well". Matt. 6:33.

"Hmm that's a good verse".

"Seek me first".

"Yup that's a great verse. I wonder what i should write about".

"Seek me first".

(It gets a bit repetitive at this point).

But I rush off to the doctors and worry about outcomes of the appointment. I rush to the pharmacy worrying whether they are closed yet.

It's only when I have slowed down waiting for dinner to be cooked that I start thinking about how to seek His kingdom first. Living out his reign and rule in my life. Through all my anxieties and all my fears and all my insecurities.

And thinking about living a Christocentric life and remembering him as my King and as King of everything. How nothing surprises Him.

I think I forgot who He was.

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

"Case in point".

www.katemotaung.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Selena Campbell said...

"I think I forgot who He was" -- Powerful stuff! Who He was, and IS! Like you, I rush around but need to hone my focus.

Great post!
Blessings,
Selena

January 08, 2016  
Blogger Joanne Viola said...

Wonderful case in point! We can so know to seek Him first and then in the moment, forget to do so. Glad to be your neighbor this morning at #FMF/ Blessings!

January 08, 2016  
Anonymous Leah said...

Dear Monica,
Great honest post.
Growing up in a church culture we already "know" all the right reply and phrases don't we? I believe Christ is having His bride slow down and re-evaluate what we thought we "knew". May The Spirit keep your ears listening and your eyes seeing.
Blessings
&
Cheers!{from your 5minfri neighbor} Leah

January 08, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home