Thursday, November 13, 2014

Being on hold


I pressed the handset against my ear with my shoulder. I lugged the groceries in.
I remember praying that this would be as painless as possible.

But sometimes God has a plan to teach us.
Sometimes he wants us to be on hold.

I glanced at my mobile on katemotaung.com and the prompt word 'still' came up. What do I do with that? I have no idea.

With classical music ringing in my ears I remember:

Psalm 46:8-10 NIV

8 Come and see what the Lord has done,
    the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields[a] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

Listen to the war cry of the Lord of Hosts! Remember his complete sovereignty over all he has made. God's purposes will come about.

Sometimes all we can do is trust that the person on the other side will answer.

1 Comments:

Blogger AuthorGroupie said...

I like the idea of just being on "hold." Glad to meet with you here on #FMFparty.

November 14, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home